Most items of uniform are available and reasonably priced from high street chain stores and supermarkets. St. Mary’s sweatshirts, fleeces and T-shirts are available from Uniform Monkeys.
Royal blue school sweatshirt or cardigan
Blue or white shirt/polo shirt
Black or grey skirt or pinafore
Tailored black or grey long/short trousers
Blue and white summer dress
All children should have black school shoes
As stated above, all children should have black school shoes (not trainers) – or neutral sandals worn with socks in the summer
Socks or tights should be grey, black or white
- Children should be provided with an old shirt or apron to wear for art and craft activities
- Long hair should be tied back (both boys and girls). Children are not permitted to have extreme hairstyles (eg, cut out patterns / Mohican type styles). Children are not permitted to wear jewellery, apart from one pair of studs in pierced ears, which should, for safety’s sake, either be removed or taped during physical activities. Children should not wear makeup or nail polish. Transfer tattoos should be removed before coming to school.
- A book bag is required (available from Uniform Monkeys www.theuniformmonkeys.co.uk or Tesco) to take home a reading book and homework. Please do not send your child in with large rucksacks, as we do not have room for them in our cloakroom areas.
- All pupils in the school take part in physical education activities and should have the following kit:
Indoors – black shorts, light blue or white T-Shirt.
Outdoors – black shorts (black or navy tracksuit bottoms for colder weather), light blue or white T-shirt, (black or navy sweatshirt for colder weather) and trainers. No hoodies please. Trainers should only be worn for outdoor PE and should be in line with school colours (either black, blue, white or grey).
- Long hair should be tied back for all PE lessons.
- Year 3 and Year 5 children will require a one piece swimming costume, towel and swimming hat for the summer term.
- Children taking part in team sports will be given a school kit for the game if they play in inter-school competitions.
PLEASE NAME ALL ITEMS OF UNIFORM AND DO NOT SEND CHILDREN IN WITH LARGE SPORTSBAGS AS WE DO NOT HAVE THE SPACE IN THE CLOAKROOMS